Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's the Start of Something New

I'm starting fresh. No more thirteenosity. Seeing that I'm no longer 13...I thought it was only suitable to kill the name. Let me catch you up on..life. This summer is in a way similar to past summers in the sense that I am super busy, but very different in the sense that I get to go on different adventures. To start off, I get to serve at my church's vacation bible school in a few weeks. That following Sunday, I get to go to the most safe and amazing places I've ever attended and that is The Swamp. I have had the privilege of attending ever since I was 9 and I plan on keeping it that way and continue to build relationships and memories. Fast forward to the second to last week of July and I get to go on an amazing family vacation with my wonderful family. Literally 2 days after we get back, I get on a plane to go to...BARBADOS! I am so grateful that I am able to take a mission trip to Barbados with The Swamp and I ask for prayers since this is my first time out of the country...but also that I am able to impact some camper's life that week.

I know this summer will be filled with new opportunities and eye opening experiences that I can't wait to start, but 3 days after I get back from Barbados I walk through the doors of high school for the very first time. I've been asked if I'm nervous at all, and my response to everyone has been "80% excited, 20% nervous." I mean I think it would be unrealistic to say I wasn't a tad bit nervous for the new chapter these next 4 years bring.

So again, I want this blog to be my place where I can share my feelings on certain topics, share my travels and experiences I go through, and hopefully have some fun with fashion and diy stuff(: So in the name of High School Musical, "this is the start of something new."

No comments:

Post a Comment