Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Story Behind The Name


won·der·ful  

/ˈwəndərfəl/
Adjective
Inspiring delight, pleasure, or admiration; extremely good; marvelous.

thrift·y  

/ˈTHriftē/
Adjective
(of a person or their behavior) Using money and other resources carefully and not wastefully.

Google didn't have the definition of "wonderfully" but wonderful is just as good. Let me give you a little background information. Over the past few months, I have been saying "wonderful" to describe basically anything I come into contact with...That's it.

Anyone that knows me knows I love going to the thrift store. I seriously don't see any point in spending $20 on a new shirt when I could get something similar at the thrift store for around $3. Plus, I have to pay for everything I want, clothes included. I do not have a job. I do not have a money tree in my backyard. My wallet only stretches so far and a thrift store is perfectly in my budget. Also, the definition clearly says that being thrifty is using money carefully not wastefully. Sure I love to go to the mall, but I don't find it necessary to blow through so much money so fast. That's it.

I just thought that this name was so perfect to describe me and what to expect on this blog. You will find a mixture of things I find fashionable, some DIY tutorials, my spiritual walk, and my life. I love being able to write out things that happens through my life because it just seems so much more official that it happened once it's typed. I don't know. I'm weird.

I also was just thinking as I was typing this post about how I want to put a prayer request of my own, and for someone else at the end of each entry. I just think it would be a nice tradition to start. Well I'm done now. I apologize for being so lackadaisical with blogging but I truly do promise that posts are coming and they will be better than ever! Night everyone!

Prayer request for someone: Please pray for my friend Matt. He lives in Nigeria and is terribly sick and I just want him to feel better as soon as possible.

Prayer request for me: Please pray that this sun burn goes away soon. Oh and that there is little or no peeling. Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment